Essay on bullying in school
Article writing is part of academic requirements whereby students are assigned topics to discuss and present their views in a structured approach. Essays describe, analyze and clarify specific issue. However, writing a persuasive essay requires writers to take a position by either supporting the issue or refuting the claim. Writers need to convince its target audience using logic reasoning and credible evidence. Writing a good persuasive essay is different from other writing styles, developing an essay require good analytical skills to make a good argument to prove a point.
When writing an essay, the structure and organization are two essential components, despite having good points, a good essay needs to follow specific structure starting with an introduction, well-organized body paragraphs, and a persuasive conclusion.
Writing a persuasive essay on bullying in schools should focus more on the current trends, the discussion should present what bullying entails, and some of the impact of raging among children. Writing persuasive essays on themes like bullying requires logical explanation to justify why the topic is significant. The author should discuss his position and justify why bullying is a problem that needs to be addressed.
How to write introduction for bullying in school essay
The introduction of an essay should be well constructed to capture the audience interest. A good introduction presents a brief background of the topic and summary of the ideas to be discussed in the following paragraphs. The introduction should include any relevant information about the topic. The introductory paragraph presents a clear statement of what the paper is all about using a thesis statement. A thesis statement describes a brief overview of the author’s thoughts about the topic. The thesis statement guides the writer on the relevant discussion he needs to focus when writing.
For example, an introduction sentence can be as follows:
Bullying is a social problem that happens within the social networks, bullying in school affects students as it causes long-term problems among children. Menacing is a common occurrence among teenagers. Many parents feel that not much is being done to end this vice.
How to write a body paragraph for an essay on effects of bullying in school
The body provides evidence to show the intensity of the problem. It is divided into three sections. The body contains facts, statistics, and research study findings on the topic.
According to the National Institute of Child Health And Human Development study, 50 percent of student interviewed stated that they were either victims or perpetrators. Over 3.2 million students are bullied each year. As a result, approximately 300,000 teenagers are likely to avoid coming school at some point to avoid being bullied. Some of the negative consequences of bullying include long-term psychological effects like depressions. Suicide is a common problem among bullied students. There are many effects of bullying that negatively impact on students, that’s why we need to find ways to stop this vice.
How to make conclusion paragraph for a school bullying essay
Concluding a persuasive essay, the author restates the thesis statement and presents his proposed solution to end school pressuring. A good conclusion should make the audience see the need to take action. The author‘s language should present a lasting impression on his audience.
Both parents and school administration need to work together to end this problem. Students need to be encouraged step forward and report cases of bullying. Every parent needs to take action to end bullying in schools. Students need a conducive learning environment.
Tips on final revision
After completing the first part, writers need to take some time to edit their work. The writer should go through the finished document to make corrections. The essay needs to be well structured with logical explanations. The essay should contain evidence and facts to support the topic. Editing requires the author to ensure that the language used will be appropriate for his audience.
The author should check if the sentences are well arranged and portray what he intends to inform his audience. During editing, the author is permitted to make adjustments by adding any relevant information or removing unnecessary words. Before submitting the final document, the author should proofread the document to correct any spelling errors. Grammar errors are common mistakes that should be rectified to make the paper look professional. The author should correct any running sentences, incomplete sentences or unnecessary wordings.
- Paragraph one: overview of the topic
- Thesis Statement
- The claim: Bullying in school should be addressed to avoid long-term effect on students
- What bullying entails
- Effects of bullying in school
- Who is likely to be bullied?
- Why bullying occur
- Facts and statistics about bullying in schools
- Proposed solutions about bullying in schools
- Who should be involved?
- Restating the thesis statement
- Calling for action to end bullying in schools.
A List Of Interesting Argumentative Essay Topics On Bullying
An argumentative essay is a type of essay whereby you state a position and present a counter-argument against that position. It is one of the most common types of essays that students are required to write in English class. Although you can write an argumentative essay on any issue, there are certain topics that make for more interesting arguments than others. In particular bullying is one issue that always raises interesting arguments. Here is a list of interesting argumentative essay topics on bullying for students to consider.
- There have always been many discussions revolving around the issue of how to stop bullying in schools. You can write an argument on whether the victim of bullying or the perpetrator of bullying needs more counselling.
- Cyber bullying is a growing concern across the world. Most of us have either experienced cyber bullying or know someone who has been a victim. You can write an argument as to whether cyber bullying is more harmful or destructive than physical or face-to-face bullying.
- The society is always attempting to develop solutions to the problem of bullying in schools. You can write an argument about whether the schools’ administrators are better placed to deal with bullying than parents.
- Psychologists, educators and parents have always attempted to understand the causes of bullying. In your argumentative paper, you can discuss whether the focus should be on treating the effects of bullying or the causes of bullying.
- You can write an argumentative paper on whether bullying is more in the classroom or online. You may also argue as to whether bullying is more prevalent outside the classroom setting.
- Most victims of bullying do not talk to their teachers or parents about it. You can write an argument about whether talking to others about being bullied helps to provide relief or even prevent future bullying.
- There is a common view that the prevalence of bullying among boys is greater than in girls. What can you say about this statement?
- Some schools have a policy of holding parents responsible for their children’s behaviour. You can write an argument as to whether holding parents responsible for their children’s behaviour can help to prevent bullying.
- Some schools have proposed the expulsion of students who are found guilty of bullying other students. What is the effectiveness of this approach?
- Do you think school awareness programs that are designed to promote tolerance at school are effective in dealing with bullying?
© federacioongpau.org. All rights reserved. | use this website when writing your essay