Showroom Manager and Sales/designer
Managed a full line $4M bathroom showroom. Prepared quotes, customer contracts, and invoices for bathroom projects averaging $23,000 to $30,000. Outlined scope and completed paperwork and material lists for purchasing. Tracked sales from quote through shipping to final destination. Recruited, interviewed, and hired showroom staff. Procured unique and rare materials at the request of clients. Conducted new hire orientation and training that ensured consistency with clients. Capitalized on opportunities to deliver continuous formal and informal training, and employed techniques that promoted employee performance, morale, job satisfaction, and retention.
- Formulated a follow-up strategy that brought warm leads into the showroom and achieved a close rate of 75-85% in sales consultations with 40-50 prospective clients per month.
- Significantly increased profits by 20% or more by guiding clients through a comprehensive consultation and selection of upgrades.
- Transformed underperforming showrooms into thriving enterprises by implementing SOPs designed to assist staff in exceeding client expectations and meeting deadlines without fail.
- Consistent subject of unsolicited recognition and positive feedback from clients. Drove repeat business and referrals, personally requested for providing an outstanding buying experience.
- Recruited, trained, and mentored promising young candidates with no prior experience that went on to earn promotions as sales representatives and estimators.
¥ Assisted with the recruitment of additional showroom staff as needed.
¥ Prepared detailed reports of available inventory.
¥ Maintained records of retail activities.
¥ Took and fulfilled client orders in a timely manner.
¥ Ensured that all showroom merchandise was tracked.
¥ Verified that customers received the correct merchandise.
¥ Maintained productive relationships with suppliers.
¥ Maintained knowledge of ongoing promotional activities.
¥ Ensured compliance with OSHA regulations.
¥ Hired and trained all showroom staff.
¥ Maintained solid relationships with customers.
¥ Provided constructive feedback to showroom staff.
¥ Managed and maintained database of all customer orders.
¥ Scheduled order shipments and tracked order progress.
¥ Coordinated with marketing team on all promotional activities.
¥ Performed periodic reviews of sales figures to determine trends.
¥ Encouraged staff to meet sales objectives.
¥ Ordered updated inventories as necessary.
¥ Worked to achieve monthly and quarterly sales goals.
¥ Managed all showroom activities.
¥ Prepared weekly staff schedules.
¥ Dealt with all staff issues.