Summer Camp Counselor Cover Letter
Summer Camp Counselors are responsible for organizing activities for children and young people in a small group setting. Essential job duties of a Summer Camp Counselor include developing schedules, enforcing camp rules, disciplining campers, making sure the site is clean and safe, reporting to parents and camp leaders, writing incident reports, applying emergency procedures when needed, providing emotional support to campers, and adhering to safety guidelines.
Employers select cover letter samples for Summer Camp Counselor highlighting the following skills and qualifications:
- Counseling expertise
- Supervisory skills
- Attention to details and observation spirit
- Computer literacy
- Problem-solving orientation
- Being able to stay calm under pressure and decision-making
- Organization and planning
Relevant skills for a Summer Camp Counselor can be observed in the example cover letter provided below.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Summer Camp Counselor Resume Samples.
Dear Mr. Wolfe:
As an enthusiastic and energetic individual with solid experience leading summer camp programs for children aged 8 to 12, I am excited to submit the enclosed resume for your review. My dedication to ensuring active, fun, and engaging kids’ camp experiences positions me to strongly benefit Horizon Star Camp as its newest Summer Camp Counselor.
Recreational program coordination, activity oversight, and team collaboration and leadership are just a few of the areas in which I excel. Over the past four years I have played a key role in facilitating outstanding summer camp programs with the Berkshire Youth Camp. In this capacity, I have refined my communication, creativity, and motivational skills and have demonstrated an ongoing commitment to fostering exciting, safe, and peer-supportive camp environments.
Highlights of my qualifications include the following:
- Thriving as a Camp Counselor with the Berkshire Youth Camp for the past four summers, coordinating hands-on recreational activities, projects, and programs for 50 campers between the ages of 8 and 12 to stimulate fun and engaging camp environments.
- Organize activities including campfires, hikes, talent shows, and horseback riding while explaining and enforcing camp rules to ensure maximum camper safety.
- Recognized as “Most Enthusiastic Counselor” by campers in the ’14 summer camp program.
- Successfully help campers to resolve conflicts, preventing further escalation and/or possible termination or loss of camper privileges.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Education from the University of New Hampshire; certified in Basic First Aid and CPR.
- Build and sustain positive relationships with campers, families, fellow counselors, volunteers, and community members.
With my experience and my enthusiasm, I am prepared to dedicate myself to the highest standards of excellence at your camp and exceed your expectations for this position. I look forward to discussing this opportunity in more detail.
Thank you for your consideration.
Wesley L. Hall
Energetic Camp Counselor with nine yearsÕ experience of increasing responsibility in directing summer camp activities and helping school-aged children develop confidence and life skills. Highly adept at planning, executive, and supervising camp activities, including arts and crafts, sports, and wilderness walks. Strong interpersonal communication skills with success in coordinating multidisciplinary camp leaders to achieve developmental benchmarks and sustaining camp missions and programs.
- Direct daily functions for summer camp dedicated to creating engaging recreational opportunities for children, adults, and families.
- Design and implement weekly schedule, activities, and programming for camp group.
- Organize and lead small and large group activities such as crafts, nature, songs, games, swimming, archery, canoeing, family night, and opening and closing ceremonies.
- Identify and respond to camper behavioral issues, and report concerns to camp leadership.
- Communicate with parents regarding participant experiences and expectations.
- Maintain accurate program records, including incident reports, logs, and daily attendance reports.
- Planned, coordinated, and executed activities while guiding campers in personal growth and daily living skills.
- Assisted in direction and supervision of campers in their living unit and during activities while championing program initiatives and camp mission.
- Safeguarded personal property, camp equipment, and facilities.
- Provided leadership to campers in all areas and acted as a role model in all areas of camp activities, including cleanliness, punctuality, chores, rules, and sportsmanship.
- Contributed to verbal and written evaluations, activity planning, and administration.
- Provided assistance to camp counselors and administrative leadership by supervising campers at all times to ensure safety and enjoyment.
- Assisted to setup and tear down activities, guiding campers to and from classes, and reinforcing camp and program rules and regulations.
Wilderness First Responder (WFR)
CPR and First Aid, American Red Cross
Certified Camp Counselor, American Camp Association
- Team Building
- Sports Coaching
- Activity Planning and Oversight
- Wilderness Survival
- Program Administration